Tips for properly ironing the dress shirts
In order to look sharp and dapper, one must wear ironed shirts. Having an ironed shirt is one of the most important things to gain the perfect killer looks. For most of the men, ironing is one of the biggest hassles. The reason behind this factor is that most of us do not know how to iron our clothes. Once we came to know the exact way of ironing dress shirts, then it will be no more a hassle. To correctly and easily iron the dress shirts, you must iron different parts of shirts separately in a specific order to get best results. The following steps should be followed adequately to gain a crisp shirt.
- First, set up your ironing board, adjust its height and position according to your ease
- Check the safety tag in dress shirt and set the iron on specific temperature according the fabric. Never set the iron on high temperature, as it will ruin your shirt
- Now unbutton the shirt and place it flat on the board. Begin ironing the shirt from shirt collar, flip the collar up and start from the centre while working your way up to outer ends of collar
- Then move to shoulders, first iron the back middle side and move to outer ends. Repeat the process from the front shoulders; remain careful while doing the front shoulders as it might put some wrinkles on the backside
- Next turn is of sleeves, unbutton the cuffs and lay the sleeve straight on ironing board. Start ironing from the cuff and then move to the upper sleeve. Sleeves crease is very important part, as most of the people make double creases, which looks very pathetic
- Now button the shirt and lay it on its front, while carefully watching for already ironed parts. Start ironing from the back of the shirt. Then change the shirt position and iron its front side
Make sure that every part of shirt is ironed, even the placket and space between buttons. Ironing carefully will give shirt a perfect crisp look.
Back to shirts library