When to wear a French cuff shirt?
Once you are aware about the Royals, only French cuff custom shirts can exude the aura of aristocracy. It adds not only a touch of sophistication to your outfits but present it in a lavish way as well. French cuffs are always worn with a tuxedo shirt for various kinds of official events. To be fashionable, some men wear French cuff custom dress shirts with jeans or casual clothing, but usually they are worn with a stylish sporty coat, suit or tuxedo shirt. Some men prefer wearing French cuffs over other styles, because it allows them to express their taste through their selection of cufflinks. Also French cuff custom dress shirts are renowned because of its lengthy cuffs that are folded and fixed firmly with cufflinks or silk knots.
French Cuff Styles
There are three popular styles of French cuffs. Each French cuff shows a different statement.
French Square Cuffs: For the traditionalist. This is the classic French cuff that you are most likely to see on the store-bought shirts. The edges of the cuff have square shapes.
Round French cuffs: For the gentleman with a European touch. What make this unique style are its rounded French cuff corners.
Angular French cuffs: For men with an edge. As its name suggests, these cuffs have sharp angular edges and give you a modern and fashionable look.
Ten Tips to appear perfect with your French cuff custom dress shirts
- French cuffs require a certain formality. Memorize to dress up and wear them with your favorite suit or sport coat.
- French cuff shirts will make you appear and feel like an aristocrat. Buy unique cufflinks that are novel or expensive-looking to complete the look. Make sure they are not cheap, too small or too large.
- Never, wear your French cuff shirt without cufflinks, (Unless you bring up to any new idea.) Also, make sure your wrists are not stained, dirty, wrinkled or creased.
- Experience with color. Men tend to stick with classic white shirt. French cuff shirts with solid colors, checks, plaids, and stripes each lend a different look and feel. You will receive compliments on your unique flair and style
- Dress shirts with a white collar and French cuffs look amazing, especially with darker or lighter color solids. Another perfect look is a check, stripe or plaid that contrasts with the white, as a red and white stripe or white and blue checks. The contrast with the white cuff shirt and then you can contrast the cuff by selecting a cufflink that is the color of the plaid and stripe.
- Instead of the classic white tuxedo shirt with French cuffs, try an Oscar's special by wearing a black tuxedo shirt.
- There are diverse cufflink collecting obtainable to dress up your French cuff shirt. Here, you can convey your personality and show off your good taste and your personal sense of style
- Match the shape of your collar to the shape of your French cuff. For instance, if you select a round cornered French cuff, fill it with a round collar.
- French cuffs are dressy and look best when worn with a dressy collar like a wide spread collar or a tab collar.
- Always memorize that the image you project is one of complexity. No one will admire your great taste if your shirt is not perfectly fitted. If you have a hard time finding a French cuff shirt that fits you off-the-rack, or if you are bored with the limited store shirt selection, have your shirts custom made. Custom made shirts are flattering, feel comfortable, fit well, and you can have any style of your choice. Another benefit of custom is that the cuffs will not be too tight or dangling because they are too loose. You will get the perfect fit.
Whether you're dressing up for the office or a night out in the town, a great French cuff custom shirt will be the right option for you as it appends style along with sophistication to your appearance. So get your French cuff custom dress shirt from us today and experience a great appearance.
Design Your Dress ShirtFor your convenience, we have pre-selected the most popular style options